GATE 2019 : Registration, Notification, Exam date, Eligibility, Fee, Online Application form, Important dates, How to Apply, Exam pattern, Answer Key, Admit Card, Results and other news given below
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering-GATE is an national level examination Organized by one of the IIT on behalf of National Coordination Board, MHRD, Government of India. This examination is the prerequisite for admissions to M.E / M.Tech / Direct Ph.D in Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT’s), Indian Institutes of Science (IISC) and other Institutes , Universities and other Professional PG colleges across the country for the academic session 2019-2020. GATE score is valid for 3-Years, the score also used by some public and private sector undertakings for employment process in India. Eligible and interested candidates may submit their applications through online at official website.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2019
Must ensure their courses eligibility / equivalence before appearing for the entrance test, given below
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree / Examination||Degree Status||Year of Qualification not Later Than
|B.E / B.Tech / B.Pharm
|Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology (4-Years after 10+2 or 3-Years after B.Sc / Diploma in Engineering / Technology and those who are in the final year of such programs
|Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|B. Arch||Bachelors Degree in Architecture (Five Years course)
|Currently in the final year or already completed
|B.Sc (Research) / B.S||Bachelors Degree in Science (Post-Diploma / 4-Years after 10+2)
|Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2019|
|M.Sc / M.A / MCA or Equivalent
|Master’s Degree any Branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or Equivalent
|Currently in the final year or already completed
|Int M.E / M.Tech (Post-B.Sc)
|Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Four Year Program)
|Currently in the 2nd/ 3rd / 4th Year or already completed
|Int M.E / M.Tech or Dual Degree (After Diploma or 10+2)
|Integrated Master’s Degree program or Dual Degree Program in Engineering / Technology (Five year Program)||Currently in the 3rd / 4th Year or already completed
|Int M.Sc / Int B.S-M.S
|Integrated M.Sc or Five year Integrated B.S / M.S Program||Currently in the final year or already completed
|Professional Society Examination (Equivalent to B.E / B.Tech / B.Arch)
|B.E /B.Tech / B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies recognized by MHRD, UPSC / AICTE (E.G AMIE by Institution of Engineers India / AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)
|Completed Section A or Equivalent of such professional courses.||NA|
Candidates from Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal , Singapore, Sri Lanka and united Arab Emirates must have completed or in the final year of their Bachelors Degree in Engineering / Technology or Post-Graduate (M.Sc) degree in any relevant science subject.
There is no limit for appearing in the GATE exam
Important Dates for GATE 2019
|Issue of GATE Notification 2019||September-2018|
|Starting Date for Fee payment and Submission of Online Application||September-2018|
|Last Date for Fee payment and Submission of Online Application||October-2018|
|Last Date for Request of change in the choice of city||November-2018|
|Admit Card Availability||January-2019|
|Declaration of Results||March-2019|
Application Fee and Payment
|General Male Candidates||Rs 1500/-|
|SC /ST / PWD Male Candidates||Rs 750/-|
|Female Candidates (All Categories)||Rs 750/-|
|International Candidates||US Dollars 50|
The payment of registration fee would be through online (Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card) as well as through offline, payment at bank counters using E-challan.
How to Apply-GATE 2019 Online Application form
The candidate after satisfying the eligibility criteria GATE, can apply online mode at official website only. Candidates will be available in a single GATE Online Application Process System (GOAPS) . The application form updated tentatively on 2nd week of September , 2018. Candidate has to register for before filling the online application then login the Enrollment Id and Password, after filling the application form , then pay the fee. Take the print out of the filled GATE Application Form 2019 for feature reference
Step-1 : GATE 2019 Registration
1. Logging to the official website http://appsgate.iitr.ac.in
2. Click on the link appearing as “New User?Register Here”
3. After clicking the link you will redirected to registration form, fill the details like Candidate Name, Active E-Mail Id, Working Mobile Number, Choose Password and answer the Arithmetic Expression.
4. Completing registration details Entry, then click “Submit” button, after successful registration candidate will receive on GOAPS Enrollment Id and Password to their to Mobile Number and E-Mail. Please note them Enrollment Id and Password for future reference.
Step-2 : Fill up of Online Application
5. Then a login prompt will be displayed and applicants are required to enter the Enrollment Id, Password and Answer the Arithmetic expression created by them and login.
6. On successful login by the candidates, application form will be displayed, select the Test paper, Choose the examinations cities, fill the entire academic , study, personal, reservation details and address.
Step-3 : Uploading of Photo, Signature, Thumb Impression and Related Documents
7. After successful saving the details, the candidates will have have to upload the candidate Photograph (3.5 * 4.5 cm), Signature (2*7 cm) , Left Hand Thumb Impression (3*5 cm), Degree Certificate or Marks sheet of Previous Semester / year (Final year candidates) , SC / ST Category Certificate (If Applicable), PWD Certificate (If applicable) and click on the “Save” button. There is also option of ” Logout ” and resume filling in by logging in again.
8. Before you make the payment , you will shown a ” Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors. After clicking on the ” Submit and Proceed to Payment” button. Once you press final submit button , no further changes to the application can be made you.
Step-4: Fee Payment
9. The fee can be paid with Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking / E-Challan. Once the payment is successful a “Fee Payment Number” will generated which is unique and must be save by the candidate as it will be used in the later stages. Candidates submit application and take the print out of the filled application for future reference.
GOAPS Password :
The candidates chooses a password during Enrollment at GOAPS. This password must be remembered along with GOAPS Enrollment Id to Login to GOAPS. It is strongly encouraged that the password that cannot be guessed easily (it should be candidates name, date of birth or some easily guessable string of numbers or letters like 1234..or abcd).
GOAPS Enrollment Id
Upon registration, an email containing the GOAPS Enrollment Id will be sent to the candidate.
Information required for filling online application
1.Personal Information (Candidate Name, Parents Name, Date of Birth, Personal mobile number, Parents Mobile number, Email-Id….etc)
2. Address for communication ( Including PIN Code)
3. Qualifying Degree details
4. College address, PIN code of college.
5. GATE paper , choice of GATE examination cities.
6. High quality image of your photograph conforming to requirements specified.
7. Good quality image of your signature conforming to requirements specified.
8. High quality image of your thumb impression conforming to requirements specified.
9. Scanned copy of Degree certificate or marks sheet of previous semester / year ( for final year candidates) in PDF format.
10. Details of the valid Id proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
11. Your Net-Banking details.
1. Examinations for all the 23 papers (disciplines) will be conducted by an Online Computer Based Test (CBT). A candidate can appear only in any one paper of the GATE examination.
2. GATE 2019 the entire process of filling up of application form, uploading of certificates / documents etc shall be online only and the candidates should not send any hard copy of his / her application form / documents etc to authority.
3. The candidate can choose three cities from the list of examination cities.
4. National candidates pay the application fee through online (Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking) and offline (E-Challan), International candidates pay the application fee through online only.
5. The application procedure remains same for International candidates. The international candidates must have a passport for making application.
6. Candidate must ensure that mobile numbers, e-mail address entered in the online application form are his/her own as in case of urgency authoritymay send information / communications by SMS or mail on given mobile number and mailing ID only.
GATE 2019 Exam Pattern
The entrance test conducted in Online as Computer Based Test (CBT). The paper will consist of 65 objective type and Multiple choice type and numerical answer type questions in 3 hours duration. 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks will be on General Aptitude (GA). 55 questions carrying a total of 85 marks will be based on the core subjects and Engineering Mathematics.For multiple choice type questions , candidates have to choose the answer form the given choice. For Numerical answer type questions, candidate have to enter a number of answer using virtual keypad.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) :
Carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature and each will have a choice of four answers , out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer.
Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT) :
Carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions the answer is a real number, to entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions.
Negative Marking :
1-Mark multiple choice questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. 2-Mark multiple choice questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. There is No-Negative marking for numerical answer type questions.
The authority will provide the facility of downloading the online hall tickets for examination on the official website of GATE 2019 .The admit card will bear the registration number, name, father name, category, photograph, date, time, venue of test.The candidate has to bring a printed copy of the admit card to the test centre along with the original identification card whose number has been given in the online application. The process for download the admit card will start tentatively on 2nd week/ January / 2019. The Candidate may please note that Admit cards will not be sent by post & mail.
Authority will publish the answer keys of the test in the official website. Candidate can calculate their marks in entrance test, after knowing the total number of answers correctly marked by them, with the help of key. If any candidate has complaints regarding the key questions the same shall be submitted to organizing authority in writing a along with supporting documents being challenges before date of result.
The result of all the candidate who have appeared in the GATE 2019 will declared and available on the official website tentatively from 3rd week / March / 2019. No detailed rank card will be sent to the candidates.